Wednesday 23 March 2011

Daniel Powter - Bad Day

 

Bad Day by Daniel Powter is just one of the many stupid song choices that come over the tannoy of the shopping village I work at. Others include :

The Bangles - Manic Monday

Celine Dion - All by Myself

That guy (what's his name?) - All by Myself (yes, they play 2 versions!)

Westlife - Let Me Go Home

 

Ridiculous, aren't they? How do those songs encourage people to think they're having a fantastic time and think they should buy All The Things?!

 

Other inappropriate songs I think they should choose are:

 

Engelbert Humperdinck - Please Release Me

The Animals - We've Gotta Get Out of this Place

Pink Floyd - Money

Beach Boys - Sloop John B (complete with the lyrics "let me go home/why wonxt you let me go home?/this is the worst trip I've ever been on)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Oh, I do feel for you. At least it's not musak, I suppose? Is that how you spell it? "Musak"? You know what I mean. The bloody awful tinky-tonky stuff that you hear in lifts, which makes you want to kill yourself and everybody around you.

    You need a radio for the shop. I am going to make you one out of leather and moss and I will send it to you with a Bette Midler CD.

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete