Saturday 9 July 2011

Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere to Run

Day 5 : Calf sprain
So, I have been a good little lazy-arse!
Here’s my exercise record from the past 5 days:
Tuesday - 2 miles in 30 minutes
Wednesday - 3 miles in 50 minutes
Thursday - *coughsplutterIwastoolazyandtotallychickenedout*
Friday - 4 miles in 67 minutes
Saturday - 2.6 miles in 37 minutes
Today I experienced my first calf strain. But! I haz teh mega proudz! 11.6 miles in 5 days. Previously, I reckon I would walk about 11 miles in a month, so I am quite impressed with myself!
My aim is to briskly walk for 2 weeks and then build up to jogging.
WOO!
I started my go-for-a-run playlist today for my phone (I’ve also added the Cardio Trainer app for Android which is awesommme!) because I was listening to music on my phone whilst I was out today and stumbled over some songs which are really *not* conducive to exercise such as:
Debussy - Clair de Lune
Beach Boys - Don’t Worry Baby
Evanescence - Bring Me to Life
A song that went surprisingly well with my POWERWALK! was Die in the Summertime by Manic Street Preachers. I felt totally badass marching along to that, for some reason, picking up my pace and trying to ignore the fact that my legs were about to fall off meaning I would have to surgically attach myself to a spacehopper to enable me to move about.
The only annoying thing about it is that my ponytail swishes from side to side like an annoying metronome. And I don’t own a sports bra. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment